As a result of my brilliant grocery shopping I ended up last week with 2 enormous and beautiful cauliflower. What to do what to do? I threw some stuff together and ended up making one FABULOUS soup! Heres the recipe (as best I can recreate… I never measure)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded marble cheese
- 2 tbsp blue cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 vegetable bullion
- Chop cauliflower. Steam until tender.
- Combine half the cauliflower with 1/2 the cream, milk, cheese and seasoning in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth
- Put mixture back into pot you used to steam. Repeat step 2 with other half (unless you have a much larger blender than me)
- Add water until mixture is less like mashed potatoes and more like soup.
Voila! Easy and delicious.
Lee was licking the bowls, pots and spoons. The blue cheese is a nice variation of a classic recipe 🙂