Looking for something to do tomorrow? Live in Toronto or the GTA?
Why don’t you zip down to the Horse Palace (at the Exhibition Grounds) where you can come partake in horse activities for FREE. Yes, this is where the Royal Winter Fair is held.
I will be there with OCTRA, demonstrating the sport of Ride N Tie in the horse palace. Will also be bringing some T-shirts along for purchase.
Watch for Solstice and I in the ring at 11:50am and 2:40pm. Visit us in the Horse Breeds & Riding Disciplines aisle any other time. I am also going to bring my Derby saddle and some of my kit… care to help me weigh it and make some hard decisions?
Other fun things to do there:
- A special presentation by Medieval Times
- Tour of the Toronto Mounted Unit’s stables
- Riding/Driving demonstrations with horse breeds from around the world – from the mighty Percheron to the tiny Miniature.
- Autograph signings with Pan-Am gold medalists Eva-Maria Pracht and her daughter Martina Von Buttlar, Olympic medalists Jim Elder and John Rumble, four-star Eventer Rachel McDonough, top harness drivers Jodi Jamieson and Bill Davis Jr. and Paralympian Jody Schloss
- A stick horse class for kids led by Degrassi star Sarah Fisher (Becky Baker)
- Equine Guelph’s interactive EquiMania! exhibit
- Kids’ activity zone featuring a face painter, horse-themed murals, colouring activities and much more